Night Sky on Peddocks Island
Grab your camping gear and join a ranger for an unforgettable night sky experience in Boston Harbor.
Learn how to use a telescope, see the cosmos, read the stories written in the stars, and even write your own!
- a round-trip ferry ride out to Peddocks Island
- a camping site for one night
- Night Sky ranger programs
- s’mores in our fire pit
Please bring everything necessary for a backcountry camping experience including tents, food, water, charcoal or a camp stove, and outdoor clothing for this rain or shine event.
- 3:30 PM – Check-in at the Boston Harbor Islands Welcome Center, located on the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway.(191 W Atlantic Ave)
- 5:30 PM – Arrive on Peddocks Island.
- 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM – Set up camp. Dinner on your own.
- 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM – Night Sky program.
Please note: The first ferry back to Boston is at 10:15 AM the next day. There will be additional ferries throughout the day. For the entire ferry schedule, visit www.bostonharborislands.org.